Inside Raqqa: Women's secret films from within closed city of terrorist sect ISIS - Buxrs.com
Published: 2 years ago By: Expressen TV
By: Expressen TVPublished: 2 years ago
5, 326, 791 views
19, 337 Likes 2, 494 Dislikes
Exclusive footage from inside ISIS-controlled city Raqqa. Filmed by two brave women for Expressen. "We want the world to know," they say: http://www.expressen.se/nyheter/womens-secret-films-from-within-closed-city-of-islamic-state/?cmpid=youtube
Using hidden cameras two brave Syrian women show us what life is like inside al-Raqqah, capital city of terrorist sect ISIS in northern Syria. They know they will be stoned to death if they are exposed. They are willing to risk their lives to help the rest of the world understand.
FACTS ABOUT THE WAR IN SYRIA AND ISIS:
- The war in Syria has entered its sixth year. In March of 2011 Syrians protested in Daraa in south Syria and demanded the release of arrested boys who had scribbled slogans against the regime. The protests spread rapidly to other areas i Syria.
- Several parties are involved. The Muslim Brotherhood, Libanese Hizbollah and al-Qaida are some of several hundreds of militias who fight in Syria.
- Today it's mostly al-Nusra, Jaish al-Islam and ISIS who have control in the rebel-controlled areas. They get support from regional powers, Turkey, Saudi Arabia and Qatar. The regime gets support from Hizbollah, Iran and Russia.
- About six million Syrian children are affected by the war and live in the danger zone for violence, according to the UN. The countries healthcare has collapsed and the population is in deep poverty. The tragedy in Syria has developed into the world's largest humanitary catastrophy.
- The terror group Islamic State is a Salafist-Jihadist group who strive to found an Islamic caliphate according to the first version of Islam. Its leader is Iraqi Awwad Ibrahim Ali al-Badri.
- Officially ISIS was founded three years ago but has existed under different names since 2004.
- ISIS controls big areas in Syria, Iraq, Libya but also in Sina in Egypt and has active cells all over the world.
- ISIS has been responsible for several terror attacks against civilian targets in the Arab world, but also in the West, for instance in Paris.
- ISIS consists of mostly ex-soliders from Saddam Hussein's army but also of foreign jihadists from Europe, USA, Caucasus and other parts of the world. In Sweden alone 300 identified Swedish citizens fight for ISIS.